Thursday, August 27, 2009

Durham Bulls Game

My husband and I love going to Durham Bulls Games. So we took C to his first game ever when he was a wee-one. He was more interested in the big stadium lights over everything and anything else.

The Bulls games are a blast, though, if you haven't been. Seats are cheap and you always get a great view of the field. Concessions are standard ballpark fare that takes me back to my childhood. Between-inning entertainment is local kids and organizations showing what they can do. Wool E. Bull is a fun, well-behaved and entertaining mascot. It makes me so proud of our community every time I go. The ballpark and organization definitely caters to children, and they do a good job.
Of course, that said, I doubt we will be taking C back until he is a little older. Games are long, you have to be able to sit in your stadium chair, and I want him to at least be able to understand there is entertainment for him on the field, and not just spend time crawling around putting peanut shells in his mouth. I don't know when that time will be, but we really can't wait. There is a play area ( a Kids Zone ) for kids at the far end of one stadium on the first base side, which is a nice break from the game activities for kids, too. Seventh inning stretch maybe?

I am guessing another year or two we'll be at the Bulls games full force. This has to be just a blast with kids ages 4 and up. In the meantime, though, my husband and I will be at games while C spends time with his Nana. We'll be drinking cold beers, eating funnel cake, and hoping that someone hits the bull so we get steak.

The Durham Bulls are one of the family-friendly gems we love about this area.

Durham Bulls Baseball Club
http://www.dbulls.com/

Durham Bulls Athletic Park

From I-40: Take I-40 West to the Durham Freeway (Exit 279B) to the Mangum/Roxboro Street Exit (Exit 12B). Keep straight up the hill for about 2 blocks (Willard St.) Ballpark Stadium is on the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home