Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bean Traders

Updated 5/2011: Bean Traders has bought new furniture, cleaned up the kids' area, and opened it up. It is so nice; I love it! The only downside is they also removed the old barrier between the kids' area and the rest of the place. But that's ok. The toys and little house keep them well-occupied.

You know I love when businesses caters to moms. So my mommies group and I were excited to try out Bean Traders off of 54. We had read on a sister blog (stircrazymomsofdurham.blogspot.com) that they have an area set up for kids.

After some food at the Greek place next door, we went to get coffee. Bean Traders has great coffee, by the way, and great service. And it's local. So it's a good place to go without kids.

But with kids, it was fun, too! There was a plastic house set up, a few foam pads, kiddie-sized tables and chairs, and some other pieces for children to crawl on. Great idea!

Although, I have to say, I am not a germ-a-phob in the least, but I felt gross about this. Nearly all the babies we took were in crawling mode. And to see a baby on his hands and knees crawling on a very nasty floor amongst smashed up scones is a little disconcerting. A friend of mine has gone back since our first visit, though, and says that it was much cleaner.

I reiterate, great idea and I would say go and enjoy the delicious coffee. Just bring your Antibacterial Wipes. And for goodness' sakes, don't let your child put anything in her mouth that is on that floor.

Bean Traders
http://www.beantraderscoffee.com/


249 W Nc Highway 54
Durham, NC 27713-2491

(919) 484-2499

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home