Monday, April 26, 2010

Music Together with Suzanne

Updated 6/2011: We're not quite sure when they've stopped, but Music Together with Suzanne is no longer operating. Check out Jammin' Baby's Music Together or Kindermusik for other alternatives.

Today, while wandering University Mall and smelling the Chick-fil-A fries, I happened to see the Music Together with Suzanne class in motion at the Deep Dish Theater. What a fantastic idea! You know that C and I love Kindermusik, and this looks very similar. There was a good number of children and parents marching in beat to the music, and seemed to be enjoying it.

The pricing looks reasonable, and the class location and time might work better for you. It, of course, won't come with the Kindermusik brand (which equals years of research and experience), but it is a nationally distributed program as well. So if your child loves to sing, dance, and play instruments, and this spot and time works better for you, I wouldn't hesitate to try it out! It looks like they are in the middle of a session right now, but I imagine a new session would start soon.

Classes are also offered in Raleigh.

If you do try it, let me know how it goes.

Music Together with Suzanne
http://www.musictogetherwithsuzanne.com/

3 Comments:

At July 29, 2010 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Nothing like a comment on a post a few months old ;)

However, I wanted to chime in here. I've been going to Suzanne's MT classes in Raleigh since my oldest son was 2 months old.

I'm now taking both of my boys, and we love it. I know the Chapel Hill teacher, Lisa, and she is wonderful.

As a mama who is a musician, music was the first thing I looked for when I started searching for "mommy and me" activities. I've been really pleased!

 
At July 29, 2010 at 7:50 PM , Blogger chapelhillmom said...

Thanks for the comment, and I don't mind it being on an old post, since it is so useful! As I mentioned, I haven't had the chance to actually try it. But I did want to provide the information. So it is great to hear from someone who is "in the know" on this topic.

Thanks!

 
At December 31, 2010 at 2:27 PM , Anonymous Kelly R. said...

Another comment on an old post, but just wanted to say my 3yo loves these classes. She's now in her third (or fourth) session there. My husband takes her and they've also tried Kindermusik and Musikgarten and they like these classes best. Definitely worth a try if you're in the market for music classes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home