Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Trains in Morrisville Outlets

I rarely go into the Morrisville Outlet Malls. To be honest, not that much in there excites me besides Carters (blogpost to come) and Greek Fiesta (anything for some feta). But I went through the mall today with Sarah C. and to my delight they have a whole slew of tiny, model, operational trains in one of their stores. Unfortunately, it was closed! Argh. Once again thrilled by the prospect but disappointed by the reality of Morrisville Outlet Malls.

Not all is lost though.

I did peek in, take a picture through the glass (which definitely isn't going to win any art awards) for you, and got the relevant information. I can't wait to go back with C. Assuming I can keep him from trying to grab all the beautiful train displays, I bet he is going to be fascinated. There is some really intricate, detailed, and beautiful work in there. And it's bigger than you would expect. Can't wait to see it running. Something about model trains is so nostalgic.

Peeking at their website (see link below) it also looks like they occasionally let older kids try their hand at engineering. No promises on that, though, since that is just Internet browsing-based speculation.

Hours:
Wednesdays 7 - 9 pm
Saturdays 10 - 5 pm
Sundays 1 - 5 pm

They even have a Thomas exhibit out right now (& I know that Thomas birthday parties have been all the rage).

Neuse River Valley Model Railroad Club
1001 Airport Blvd, Morrisville, Suite 120 inside the Morrisville Outlet Malls.

http://www.nrvclub.net/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home