Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rainy Day: PetSmart & Panera Bread

I know, I know. This sounds so lame, let alone whether it sounds blogpost worthy. But it actually was a lot of fun!

C and I went out to Buy Buy Baby off of 15/501 to pick up some necessities, and some not-so-necessities. Since it was a rainy, cloudy day, I was looking for other ways to occupy our time out near the New Hope Commons Shopping Center. Heading over to the DSW and AC Moore thinking we could shop some more, I saw PetSmart and thought "C loves animals, why not stop in?" Well, what a great time! I am sure C enjoyed it there more than shoe shopping, as did my wallet.

PetSmart had rows and rows of fish tanks. C laughed while the bright colors swirled around. We looked at the frogs, tapped on the glass of the koi and goldfish, and watched while one of the employees changed the tanks of the beta fish. I could not believe how entertaining it was for him and for how long. We then moved our way over to the cats up for adoption. C loves cats but these ones were pretty lazy. Of course, it was the middle of a rainy day. Can't say I blame them. So after a brief stop there, we checked out the birds and gerbils. So much activity, and so great for a little kid.

I, personally, like PetSmart better than the PetCo out near Southpoint for the killing time option. PetSmart is roomy, has more animals in the store, and just feels cleaner. But we have spent some time animal gazing at the PetCo, too, so whatever works....

Since we were then hungry, we went over to the Panera Bread. I am sure I don't need to tell you all about Panera. But it is one of my 'go-to's when eating out with C. Good menu options, quick food, high chairs...the only problem is that in general their popularity is growing while their seating area is not. So it can get a little crowded. But tables tend to turn over quickly.

PetSmart
http://www.petsmart.com/
3615 Witherspoon Blvd Suite #101
Durham, NC 27707
919-403-6902


Panera Bread

http://www.panerabread.com/
Witherspoon Road (#3611)
3603 Witherspoon Road Durham, NC 27707
(919) 419-6300

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home