Friday, June 4, 2010

Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt (YoPop)

**Update May 2011: this store is now a YoPop Frozen Yogurt.**

I love my mom. Not only did she raise me (and well, I might add), she also pointed out to me the new shop in Timberlyne: Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt.

Opened 2 months ago, this place is great. It is a self-serve soft serve spot. I know, I know....usually when I go out I like to be served, since I do enough self serving for everyone here at home. But this is way cool, and great for kids, too.

You walk in to the shop and there are 14 different soft serve ice cream machines on the wall. The flavors range from the standard chococlate and vanillas to the exotic pineapples, pomegranate, and taro.

Then, you take your ice cream to the toppings bar. And help yourself to whatever you want and however much you want. There are fresh fruits such as pineapple and mango and lychee juices and nuts, and there are candies such as snickers and reese's pieces. Over 40 toppings to choose from.

So how do you pay then? It is 39 cents per ounce. You dish it, they weigh it, you pay for it.

The atmosphere is definitely trendy-pop: pop music, bright orange colors, and bright lights. But C liked that.
Since you make your own, it is bound to be a hit. It was so good, and I know I will be "getting an Orange Leaf" (as the tweens in the know said while I was in there) sometime again soon.

Timberlyne Shopping Center
Suite V
1129 Weaver Dairy Road
Chapel Hill, NC
919-537-8229

4 Comments:

At June 17, 2010 at 9:42 PM , Blogger McGurkus said...

Went here the other day after reading this post. Love it! I was really surprised how flavorful the different flavors of yogurt were. I especially like the original tart. And my son loved it as well. He was a big fan of the toppings bar.

 
At June 21, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Blogger chapelhillmom said...

So glad you liked it! With my ice cream addiction, this is going to be dangerous.

 
At July 21, 2010 at 10:23 PM , Anonymous Laura said...

Definitely fun for all! I would suggest dinner or lunch at Margaret's Cantina first - it is a super restaurant! Local, fresh, delicious and very kid friendly. My older son's favorite restaurant and he's been eating guacamole since he was old enough! #2 is following along in the same manner. They have a good kids menu with grilled chicken, fresh veggies, quesadillas etc... mine love the black beans and rice. Give it a try and hit Orange Leaf after! (Or if you are child free go to Cup A Joe & the Chelsea for a movie!)

 
At July 22, 2010 at 7:21 AM , Blogger chapelhillmom said...

Fantastic recommendations Laura, thanks! I love Margaret's, too. One of my favorite places to eat in town.
http://www.margaretscantina.com/

So glad to know it works with kids, too!

And I love the date suggestion. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home