Thursday, July 22, 2010

Balloons Above Orange

After another reader tip (keep them coming, we really use them and love them), I decided to head in to Balloons Above Orange. Now, I might be spoiling things a little here, but D recently had a birthday and we needed some things that only Balloons Above Orange could provide. So it was perfect timing, and a great little shop! C and I had so much fun shopping in here.

Balloons Above Orange is in The Shops at Daniel Boone in Hillsborough, right near A Wee Bit Used. So, again, a little hard to find but certainly worth the search.

Balloons Above Orange has been around since 1985, run by the sweetest "balloon lady." Inside there are plush toys galore and some other gift items. They are the only Webkinz dealer in Hillsborough and there are, of course, Zany Bandz available to buy. There is also a beautiful cat who lives in this store, and C had the best time talking to her. But the main draw is the balloons: rows and rows and rows of them. There must easily be a hundred different balloons to choose from.

I asked the "balloon lady" what she recommended for my particular needs, and she immediately pointed out the perfect, large, colorful helium balloon.

As she blew it up, she also informed me that her balloons are refillable. As long as you don't leave them in a hot car (which makes the material expand, destroying the balloon) you can bring the balloon in as many times as you want for free refills of helium.

The "balloon lady" also does parties and events. I saw some pictures of balloon work she did for some wedding receptions and it was art. Amazing. Balloons Above Orange also delivers balloon bouquets. And with the selection of balloons she has and her good taste, you can trust the "balloon lady" to pick out some great items for you.

C also loved the "balloon lady," who was so friendly and nice! The big helium balloons are just over $3. Since they were so fun, the balloon lady was so welcoming, and the price wasn't too bad, we ended up leaving with an extra balloon, too.

I couldn't find a website, so if you know it send it to me. Otherwise, you have to head in or call. But don't worry, you will get great help.

Balloons Above Orange
363 Ja-Max Drive
The Shops at Daniel Boone
919-732-8714

3 Comments:

At July 22, 2010 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Sarah C. said...

They are fabulous and I'm not sure "love" even fully describes how overjoyed D was with his new balloons. :)

 
At July 23, 2010 at 7:49 AM , Anonymous Laura said...

Are they a lot different than Balloons and Tunes in Carrboro? http://balloonsandtunes.com/ Both of my kids had birthdays at the beginning of July and I got balloons there that were wonderful. I actually ordered everything over the phone and they did a great job. They refill the mylar balloons and their latex balloons are long lasting (still inflated today after 2 weeks). They also do deliveries and I think they even do costumed people / people singing with special deliveries. Just another option.

 
At July 24, 2010 at 7:28 AM , Blogger chapelhillmom said...

Hey Laura- I haven't been to Balloons and Tunes for a few years, so wouldn't trust my memory to answer in full! I loved Balloons and Tunes when I went though. I don't believe that Balloons Above Orange does singing deliveries...but I didn't confirm that....it would be fun to receive a singing Balloon-gram!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home