Friday, July 16, 2010

Once Upon a Child

From Sarah C. today.

Once Upon A Child buys gently used children’s items (toys, clothing, gear, DVDs) and resells them. There is also a small selection of new items. You can sell, buy or do both. D and I recently dropped by to sell some outgrown clothing and purchase a toy. The process for selling was very simple – I filled out a form with my information, placed it in my bag and then waited for a staff member to review my items and total the offer. While we waited, D and I looked around the store.

I stopped first at the bins of shoes. I didn’t find what I wanted in his size, but the prices seemed very reasonable. About a third of what similar new shoes were costing in larger retail stores. We passed on any gear shopping as we have plenty, but the quality of the items looked nice - a bit loved but in good condition. There were racks and racks of clothing. Since we currently have a closet full thanks to the generosity of a neighbor with a son just a bit older than D, we didn’t do any serious looking. I’m betting you could find just about anything in there from the volume we saw.

Our true destination – the toy section – is where we spent most of our time. The selection was reasonable though not large. I was pleased to find exactly what I was looking for and at a good price so D did get a “new to him” toy which made us both happy.

As we wrapped up our browsing, I saw our name listed on the wipe-off board behind the counter indicating our items had been reviewed. The staff gave me a choice of cash or store credit with the latter being greater so, naturally, I accepted that option. I used a portion for the new toy and the rest will be on my account for a future visit. (Note: be sure to save your receipt if you have a credit in order to claim it later.)

Looking for a spot close by to eat? Just a couple doors down is The GrEAT Mongolian Grill.

Once Upon A Child – Cary
http://onceuponachildcary.com/
253 Grande Heights Drive
Cary, NC 27513
(919) 380-8768

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home