Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rita's

From Sarah C. today. As an ice cream expert, I have hit the Rita's in Carrboro a few times myself and can say it is worth it.

What do you do on a sweltering hot day with a cranky teething little one? Head to Rita’s for a cool, icy treat. Ok, so your pediatrician might not suggest this, but I do. I have found that anything out of the house is sure to turn that frown upside down. D just needs a change of scenery and somewhere new to explore. Add a little dash of frozen tastiness to help numb those gums and it seemed we might have a sure fire winner.

Rita’s has been in the Triangle for a few years now, but, I confess, this was my first visit. Inside I found a very cheery atmosphere and a large selection of treats. There was the expected Italian Ice as well as Cream Ice, Misto (a blended shake made of Italian Ice and Frozen Custard flavors), Blendini (your favorite flavor of Italian Ice, Frozen Custard or Slenderita mixed with a crunchy topping), Frozen Custard, Ritaccino (blended Italian Ice and Frozen Custard with a coffee flavor), Gelati (layering of Italian Ice and Frozen Custard) and Slenderita (fat-free). The Italian Ice flavors are made fresh daily using real fruit. Check the board when you enter to see what the offerings are that day.

To say the least, I was a bit overwhelmed by the options. Hurray for free samples so I could taste test to decide. I ended up selecting one of the top selling Italian Ice flavors – cherry. Nice and simple. D seemed to enjoy tasting and wearing it (his shirt had the marks of melted red deliciousness – a small price to pay for the fun we had).

Whether you have a small teether like me, a school aged child, or just want a cool treat for yourself, I definitely recommend visiting Rita’s.

Rita’s

Carrboro Carr Mill – Carrboro * -closed
200 N. Greensboro Street, Suite B-8
919-537-8742

Hope Valley Commons – Durham *
1125 W. NC Highway 54, Suite 406
919-489-0888

Beaver Creek Commons Shop Ctr – Apex *
1011 Beaver Creek Comm # 304
919-303-1515

Tryon Village - Cary
8204 Tryon Woods Drive, Suite 112
919-851-3848

Shoppes At Midway - Knightdale
1018-E Shoppes At Midway Drive
919-266-4115

* Select shops are open year round. All others are seasonal. Please check the website or call ahead during winter months.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home