Monday, October 18, 2010

Fearrington Village Playground

Driving down 15/501 headed towards Pittsboro, I can see a cute little park from the road. Located near the Fearrington Tennis Courts, once we found this park with the help of a Fearrington Village friend, we really enjoyed it!

This playground has a toddler-sized climbing structure, a tire swing, traditional swings (including toddler swings that were more modern than the ones I usually see on playgrounds), a great sandbox with a plethora of toys, and a jungle gym with slide and tunnel. The jungle gym worried me. I am pretty laidback as to what I will let C attempt but this structure is definitely meant for older kids. It is an older playgym, so the railings are higher and wee ones could easily misstep their way off this. But C loved the sandbox and the wide open space to run. For even though you can see this park from 15/501, it is quite far from it.

I loved that I was able to get a very tasty fall latte from the Belted Goat in the Village, then drive on over to this place. It was a great way to spend a fall afternoon.

This was such a cute little park and playground, but I should warn you that it is technically only open to Fearrington community and village residents. So head there with your Fearrington friends! Although there aren't any fences or barriers or checkpoints or ID scans required...

Fearrington Village Playground
From 15/501, take a left on Village Way, left on Creekwood, and then a left on Benchmark. Follow Benchmark to the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home