Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday House in Hillsborough

Does anyone get into the holiday spirit all crazy like me? I love the holidays. I thought I was the person who loved them the most, but I think some folks have me beat. Driving out 86 towards Virginia, about 15 miles outside of downtown Hillsborough, is a house that puts me to shame.

I am not sure how long they spend decorating, but the overall effect is impressively overwhelming. There are well over 20 blow-ups, lights, candy canes, and other nice little surprises and whimsy. It is worth pulling over for the kids to take the time to see it. This picture is just one half of the yard:Note about pulling over: 86 is a busy road, and moves fast. So please use extreme caution. Good news is that the line of sight at this particular part of 86 is fairly good.

This house gets particularly decked out for Christmas, but whoever is in charge also enjoys all holidays (4th of July, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and more).

If you are headed out that way you might want to stop in Hillsborough for some sweet treats or keep driving to Shangri-La.

Holiday House in Hillsborough
15 miles outside of downtown Hillsborough (on right)
NC-86

4 Comments:

At November 29, 2010 at 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

we love seeing this place at Christmas! but you are right, it's a dicey spot to slow down to get a good look.
Lisa F.

 
At November 30, 2010 at 7:11 AM , Anonymous Raleigh Mommy said...

I laughed out loud when I saw this post - we pass by this spectacle every Christmas on our way to Virginia. :) It's the sort of thing where you think "I'd never do this ... but I sure am glad they did!" :)

 
At November 30, 2010 at 9:22 AM , Anonymous Laura said...

We saw the set up taking place while driving to and from Virginia for Thanksgiving. Will definitely trek back there to see it at night. Also, there's a well decorated house on 86, heading North from Chapel Hill before you reach the Walmart shopping center and intersection with I-85. It would be on your left when heading that way. They have a lot of lights and decorations too and much closer.

 
At November 30, 2010 at 12:09 PM , Blogger chapelhillmom said...

Oh, I will have to check that house out! We usually head out to CHill down Old 86, so rarely go that way. Can't wait to see it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home