Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Southern Boundaries Park - Durham

Update 3/24/2011: Thanks to reader Jodie. She talked to someone at Durham Parks & Rec to get the skinny. Turns out there used to be a playground here, but it is now gone. Sad for a missing playground, but good to know I am not going crazy!

We like to provide you answers here at Mom in Chapel Hill. But this post is one big QUESTION: Where is the playground!?

Here's the story:

I have been heading to the JoAnn's Fabrics in Durham a lot recently (did you notice I dropped a novice sewing reference into the Fleming Clothing post?). On a recent trip I decided to swing by a park to let C burn off some steam during errand running. I switched on my handy GPS and found Southern Boundaries Park.

It was quite a lovely park. The tennis courts are in great condition, there is a basketball court, some short paved walking paths, and a baseball diamond. Lots of places for a kid to run around. We enjoyed our time here.

But blog-friends I ask you: did I miss the playground? I swear we walked the whole park and didn't see one. Yet Durham's Parks and Rec website states that it has one. Google Maps Earth view doesn't show one, yet Durham insists that one is there.

Full list of amenities (according to Durham):
  • Basketball Courts(3)
  • Greenway Access
  • Field Lights
  • Picnic Tables(0.02 MiCHill note: what does that mean?)
  • Playground
  • Picnic Shelter(SMALL)
  • Tennis Courts(8)
  • Water Fountain
  • Youth Baseball Field
So please, if there is, indeed, a playground at Southern Boundaries Park, will someone please let me know? I will happily be embarrassed. It is so convenient to Shannon Road haunts and JoAnn's. And I already need to go back there for more elastic thread.

Southern Boundaries Park
http://www.ci.durham.nc.us/
100 Third Fork Drive
Durham

1 Comments:

At July 10, 2011 at 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i was growing up close-by in durham, there was indeed a playground. however, i have also noticed that it appears to be gone. my memory's a bit hazy, but i'm pretty sure there is nothing but grass in the spot where they used to have a fun playground. boo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home