Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vimala's Curryblossom's Baby Singalong

The other week, I took C out to the all new Vimala's Curryblossom. This is a new cafe located where the old Sandwhich was. And although I have eaten here before and really enjoyed the food, this time we went for music! In a burst of brilliance, Vimala's has decided to take some off hours, every other Friday morning, and offer a Baby Singalong.

This is "baby" used lightly, since we went and it seemed a perfect fit for C's age. This started off with a craft inside. We made musical instruments (shakers), but the craft changes.

We then moved outside, and two very nice musicians played the accordion and fiddle. They marched around the Courtyard, and we followed. Lyrics were even provided for some of the songs, to make sure we knew how the Ants Went Marching...

This was such a cute little get together! I have the feeling that this is basically a bunch of friends who get together and invite others to attend. Which is fine with me, and they were really sweet.

It wasn't well attended when we went, with only 3 families, so it was quiet (in fact, in a moment of 'why I love Chapel Hill,' I wasn't sure it was still on and went traipsing down the street instead, when a young man working on some construction at Carolina Brewery yelled at me across Franklin Street to let me know that there was a baby singalong in the Courtyard, random!).

The ages of kids who showed up was extremely diverse. Yet the adults running the event and the musicians who were playing were so laidback and welcoming that it seemed to alleviate any potential awkwardness. And honestly, it might be awkward only for parents; I can tell you that C had a great time. He loved dancing and loved the fiddle.

No fee for attending, but I think that donations are accepted. No food at this time of day from the cafe, but they do provide a fantastic banana and yogurt dish for kids to snack on if they want.

Baby Singalong happens at 10 am every other Friday. Next one up is this Friday, April 1st, but check online before you go.

This is such a great little gem that few people know about in Chapel Hill. But it's music, snacks, crafts, and it's free! So go enjoy and let's make it popular!

Vimala's Curryblossom Cafe's Baby Singalong
http://www.curryblossom.com/

Baby Singalong, every other Friday, 10 am

431 West Franklin Street

inside the Courtyard
Chapel Hill
919-929-3833

2 Comments:

At March 29, 2011 at 9:14 AM , OpenID growinglaufey said...

I really wish that they had this in the afternoons! My son would love this (as would I), but he goes to PreK in the AM's. Maybe on spring break we'll make it out!

 
At March 30, 2011 at 9:29 PM , Blogger allison c said...

I think that's great feedack for them! I also have heard that a lot of kids in the 12-18mos age range may need to nap at that time. But either way, if you ever can make it out, please do! It was a nice, small, calm little event. And if you are like me you can always use more nice and calm in your life! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home