Friday, April 8, 2011

For Garden's Sake

When Sarah C. posted about the Garden Supply Company, it reminded me of a great nursery near Southpoint that I used to hit up. I hadn't been in awhile (what with that temporary housing situation in Hillsborough this past summer). But now I am landscaping again (or pretending to), and I took C here.

This place is great for kids. It's a two-for-one: you get errands done and your kids think it's a great adventure!

The garden center has a great variety and fantastic, wonderful staff. Prices are comparable and selection is good. But even better are the animals for kids to look at.

There are goats to there to view and feed. When we checked out, we were given some animal crackers to feed the goats, and this was hysterical. The goats were pretty excited to see us. Be prepared to be stared at by these guys.

Then we went down to the pond to check out the ducks, Canadian geese, and the swan. If you didn't know this already, swans are MEAN. So stay away. And this guy is huge, too. Luckily we were forewarned of his temperament.

After we got our fill of waterfowl, we walked over to where the alpacas are. I kept thinking of Llama Llama Red Pajama when I saw them. "Please stop all this llama drama!" Yeah, I know, not the same animal, but still...

For Garden's Sake also does landscape design, irrigation systems, and more.

You are free to roam the grounds here, and I encourage you to check it out while searching for landscaping needs. Think outside the Lowe's box!

For Garden's Sake
http://www.fgsnursery.com/
9197 NC Hwy 751
Durham

919-484-9759

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home