Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cameron Village Library

In the same trip I went to Gigi's Cupcakes (don't worry, I went swimming today so I am sure I burned it off by now), I also met Sarah C. and Lauren MM at the Cameron Village Library. We didn't go for a storytime. We just took the kids on a rainy day to find an indoor activity. And this was nice!

The kids area of the library is it's own walled-off section to the right immediately as you enter. It is full of whimsy, paper maiche animals, and lots and lots of books. Throughout the kids section are size-appropriate seats, tables, benches, stools, and some great little nooks to read in.While we were there some parents were using the storytime room, which was open, to entertain and contain their kids, a nice surprise benefit.

There are computers here for kids to use but they must be accompanied by an adult.

The kids section has its own family restroom, too, complete with changing table.

Overall, the Cameron Village Library is really nice. In fact, in the lobby is a coffee bar. Coffee bars in libraries started when I was in college, and I LOVE this trend. Very happy to support it. The Library also hosts music and other special events, which makes this feel more like a coffeehouse than a library. Which since I could have a coffee and enjoy it while C reads some Curious George, I am ok with that!

The Library does offer storytimes and other events, some very intriguing such as the "Anime Club," for all ages. But I honestly can't determine from the website if it is a standing time each week for each activity or if it varies each week. So head to the website, below, to check it out.

Cameron Village Library
Events schedule here: http://www.wakegov.com/libraries
1930 Clark Ave
Raleigh
919-856-6710

Hours: Mon - Thurs 9 am to 9 pm; Fri 10 am to 6 pm; Sat 10 am to 5 pm; Sun 1 to 5 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home