Monday, May 16, 2011

Chick-fil-A Mom Valet

I know that Chick-fil-A suffers from some controversy. And we're not making any statements about that here. In the name of reporting, we're just letting you know about this super-awesome new service they have started. See the full write up from Laura M. below:

A few weeks ago, like many Durham-Chapel Hill moms, I was forwarded an email about a new pilot program that the Chick-Fil-A down the road from Southpoint was testing out - Mom Valet. The premise sounded too good to be true. Go to the drive-thru. Tell them you wanted to do “Mom Valet”. Order your food. Give the number of people in your party, the number of high chairs and placemats you need. Pay at the window. And, by the time you park your car and unload your kids, a table is all set up for you, your order ready and waiting. Seriously?! I mean, seriously?! You have got to be kidding me! I must have received this same email from 4-5 different moms, but it totally sounded like a hoax. So, I picked up the phone, called Chick-Fil-A and spoke with the restaurant’s manager. And, sure enough, Mom Valet is no joke. It is very real and I was encouraged to get the word out to my mom friends and give it a try.

Fast forward to this past week - It was Monday, dinner time. I pulled into Chick-Fil-A’s parking lot and saw the bright purple Mom Valet sign beckoning me to the drive-thru. I figured, why not? “I was wondering if I could try the Mom Valet,” I said with a little embarrassed laugh. “Oh, of course! We would love to help you with that,” the peppy Chick-Fil-A drive-thru girl replied, actually sounding excited. I placed my order and answered some of their questions - my name, how many highchairs and placemats I needed, any condiment requests. And not only was my order sitting at a table, everything all set up - but as I approached the restaurant with B in my arms, holding S’s hand, the diaper bag slung over my shoulder, a kind Chick-Fil-A employee actually met me at the door, opened it and asked “Are you Laura? Your table is right this way.” Somebody please pinch me. I may have died and gone to fast food heaven.

Dining out with kids is hard, especially when you’ve got a precocious preschooler and a rambunctious toddler-in-training. Chick-Fil-A’s Mom Valet aims at making the dining out experience convenient for moms. And, boy, was it ever?! This mom is sold!

Chick-Fil-A at Renaissance Village
(just down the road from the Streets of Southpoint, behind SuperTarget)
http://www.chick-fil-a.com/renaissancevillage
7836 Leonardo Drive
Durham
(919) 206-4330

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 16, 2011 at 2:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did it last Tuesday-on the 'kids eat free night'. It was amazing-I will definitely be going back!

 
At January 4, 2013 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Mommy This and That said...

I wish they incorporated this at a few more locations!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home