Monday, May 2, 2011

Firehouse Subs

I love me some toasty sandwiches. And I love it even more when I can get them at a kid-friendly stop. And I love it even more when I get some toasty sandwiches free for my kid. Enter Firehouse Subs.

You have probably seen these popping up all over the Triangle. The ones I run into most frequently are in Meadowmont Village and New Hope Commons. I really enjoy what I get here. It is a mix between Quizno's and Subway: you can get a specialty sandwich nicely toasted, but the quality of the sandwich is going to be a little better than Quizno's (in my humble opinion). There is a decent kids menu, with sandwiches and combos. Kids even get fire hats to wear and take home (plastic of course). And the firehouse decor is a pleasure for those kids who might be obsessed. (Note that there are tvs, too, if you are trying to avoid those. We just like to provide all the information.) There are big fire jackets and other gear around, too. And the franchises generally honor, through their decorating, the local fire branch. For example, the one at New Hope Commons has a composite of the City of Durham firefighters as well as other memorabilia from this fearless group of heroes. Pretty neat.

But what I think you will really like: Wednesday evenings kids eat free. Times two. Yeah. You buy 1 adult combo, you get 2 kids combos for free. Awesome.

By the way, you can also order online at most locations. They don't deliver, but it allows you to skip the line and the wait. It seems like anything to make errands easier these days is welcome.

Firehouse Subs
http://www.firehousesubs.com/

Multiple locations throughout the Triangle (view website)


Popular locations:
603 Meadowmont Village
Chapel Hill , NC 27517

5319 New Hope Commons Extension Suite 104
Durham , NC 27707

2608 Erwin Rd, Suite 128
Durham , NC 27705

1 Comments:

At July 15, 2012 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Richard Pearse said...

Thank you for the nice comments. My partner and I just purchased the Meadowmont location 7/13/12 and are working hard to make things even better. We are long time friends (he was Best Man at my wedding) and are both originally from Michigan. We have joined the Tarheel Nation.
Thanks
Rick

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home