Friday, August 5, 2011

Strasburg Children clothing

Updated 6/2012 - It's true, Strasburg is completely closed.  Turns out that whole " doing great " and "going strong for a long time to come" was not so true.

Updated 12/2011- So it turns out that, since writing up this post, Strasburg Children has changed their model (thanks to a reader tip about this).  They do still have some of their special events clothing in the back of the store, but up front now they have moved towards casual clothes and outfits.

An easy little post for you this Friday. Although first, I am in heaven: Southpoint has The Limited now!? Between that and Crate & Barrel, I may never shop anywhere else again. (Janie + Jack might be the biggest pull back to Crabtree for me.) Albeit I am shopping exclusively at Destination Maternity these days. But I digress....

This is to talk for a second about a kids clothing store at Southpoint Mall called Strasburg Children. (I also know that Triangle Town Center has a Strasburg, but I haven't visited that location.)

Here's what you need to know about Strasburg Children in two words: special events. This clothing is high quality, high price, and intended to be for special events such as christenings and weddings. When I say high price I mean between $70-$170 for an outfit. However, you can find cute flower girl dresses in here; my heart melts. And these are the outfits you will package and save through the years so that their children can wear them, too.

The boys clothing in this shop is vastly underrepresented, but what they do have for boys are cute suits, jackets, and overall options.

For girls, sizes run newborn to Age 14. For boys, sizes run newborn to Age 8.

And despite Strasburg's parent company filing for bankruptcy in 2009, the company has been doing great at Southpoint and everyone there tells me it will be going strong for a long time to come. It is right across from the play area at Southpoint Mall as well.

Strasburg Children clothing store
http://www.strasburgchildren.com/
The Streets at Southpoint
6910 Fayetteville Road
Durham
919-361-3503

8 Comments:

At August 7, 2011 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Speckled Kat said...

I had no idea that Southpoint got the limited and Crate & Barrel, I'm so excited!! Thanks for posting this. And yeah, if they put in a janie & jack, my heart would be content. They did put in crazy 8, so maybe J&J is coming soooon!

 
At August 8, 2011 at 7:21 AM , Blogger allison c said...

I know, exciting, isn't it?! The Limited looks great. I have always talked about wanting one of those there, and the gods listened!

 
At November 13, 2011 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Teresa said...

Just an FYI on Strasburg Children. I was at Southpoint yesterday & they have totally changed their model. The clothes are much more contemporary and the only special events outfits (very few left) are on clearance. The website is also down & under construction. I am disappointed as I am a big fan of traditional dresses.

 
At February 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM , Anonymous MommaBia said...

I heard they are actually closing stores? I'm wondering if their stuff is on sale or what? Does anyone know what's going on??
Are they going out of buisness?
Thanks in advance for any info?

 
At June 22, 2012 at 8:19 AM , Blogger crystal said...

I actually went and looked on the website and no longer see any stores in North Carolina. That sucks! I'm from houston and we have children boutiques in every shopping strip with fancy dress when we wantt hem, where I live at in North Carolina there is a lack of children stores. I had just found this small gem when we moved here last year then it closed! BOOO!

 
At November 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM , Blogger amly said...

I used to enjoy shopping at the Strasburg Children store in NC at the outlet stores. Really sadden by this piece of news. Strasburg Children do beautiful dresses where children are clothed in modest and fine clothes fit for any princess and prince. Numerous beautiful memories there with my friends and lil Sarah. Xoxoxo, Cheryl.

 
At November 7, 2012 at 12:22 PM , Blogger amly said...

I used to enjoy shopping at the Strasburg Children store in NC at the outlet stores. Really sadden by this piece of news. Strasburg Children do beautiful dresses where children are clothed in modest and fine clothes fit for any princess and prince. Numerous beautiful memories there with my friends and lil Sarah. Xoxoxo, Cheryl.

 
At November 19, 2012 at 10:28 AM , Blogger KC said...

Well Strasburg really priced themselves out. Should have kept up with the economy. Great clothes but the sizes were always kind of off. Love the style but something was always not right with the clothes. Naartjie Kids is horrible. Too expensive and two weeks later the seams separate from each other. Still a fan of Gymboree, Children's Place and Macy's.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home