Sunday, November 13, 2011

Great Harvest Bread Co.

Happy to get the scoop today on the place that tantalizes me when I visit The Children's Store.  Plus, this is a great place to add to spots that make Errands Easier!  Thanks, Katie, for making me crave a big slice of hot bread right now.:
 
Let’s face it, whether you have toddlers or teenagers life as a Mom is hectic.  I am always looking for ways to make running errands easier, and Great Harvest Bread Company does just that.  I know, they are a bakery and they don’t deliver (a girl can dream), so how could they possibly make my life any easier?  Three things: convenience, sandwiches and salads to pick up, and entertainment for my two year old, H!

I will admit, my family is addicted to their bread.  (So much so that I don’t buy bread in the grocery store anymore).  To say that I occasionally stop in would be an understatement as I’m there at least once a week, often with a H in tow.  Here is where convenience comes in.  They are located close to Whole Foods so I can swing by after grocery shopping.  But even if I cannot make it there, they are also at Farmers’ Markets in the area (I’ve seen them at both Fearrington and Eno River). 

Now, on to those sandwiches and salads.  It’s definitely not a full-service restaurant.  In fact, their only tables are out front.  However, it is awfully nice to be able to pick up a quick and delicious sandwich without making an extra stop.  (They have PB&J for the little guys, too!)   I also love that we are always offered a free slice when we walk in, so H has something to munch on while we wait. 

For Moms with toddlers here is the best part: they have a long, cushioned window seat and a basket full of fun children’s books!  It really is a very simple thing—but it makes the 15 minutes we are in there very pleasant.   H loves to go in, climb up on the window seat and go through the books.  We hang out and read stories while we wait for our order.  If only all stores had that setup...

If you want to know exactly why I can’t buy bread in the grocery store anymore, check out our review of Great Harvest Bread on Discovering the Southern Part of Heaven.

Great Harvest Bread Company
http://freshbakedbread.com/

Open Tuesday-Saturday
229 S. Elliott Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.932.1112

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 14, 2011 at 10:04 AM , Anonymous Martin McCorkle said...

Hey thanks! We're glad you enjoy our little store. We appreciate your patronage and your blog.

Martin and Rebecca McCorkle
Great Harvest Bread Company

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home