Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Purple Polka Dot

They might not have a Black Friday mega sale, but doing your Christmas shopping local just feels good (and less mob-scene).  So keep this place Katie found in your mind as you cross folks off your list:

I love to shop, and when H came along I began my quest for cute baby clothes, specifically cute baby clothes for boys—which are much harder to find than I expected!   I also think I have held on tight to the nesting urge (despite H's age) since I still love checking out furniture and accessories (and fabric and linens….).  One might wonder how the two would fit together, but they do, rather nicely, in Cary’s The Purple Polka Dot. 

I first ventured into The Purple Polka Dot to check out furniture, but I went around a corner and found adorable nursery accessories and even cuter baby and toddler clothes.  While they aren’t a baby emporium what they have is fun and reasonably priced.  I love my son’s t-shirt with a fun blue gingham whale embroidered appliqué and matching pants that I got there—and the shirt is his favorite, too!   And while I may be focused on clothing for little boys, they definitely have some adorable items for little girls (hair bows and tutus, anyone?)!   They even have the occasional trunk show!  

Of course, while you are in there you will see they have plenty of fun painted furniture and home accessories as well as handmade jewelry for Mommy to check out!   As if that isn’t enough, I’ve been checking out their photos of Christmas décor lately, and I cannot wait to go in again.  From ornaments to picture frames to cute hand towels, I’m thinking I can get a lot of shopping done in one spot! 

Also, it is conveniently located in Ashworth Square so you can always stop in at Serendipity for lunch or swing by after a trip to Kids Together Park.

The Purple Polka Dot
www.thepurplepolkadot.com

114 S Academy St
Cary, NC 27511
919.650.3326

   
   
  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home