Sunday, January 29, 2012

2012 Fitness Challenge - Week 4

#MiCHillFit2012 Here's our wrap-up for week 4 of our 2012 Fitness Challenge. How did you do?

From Allison:
So instead of giving you a day-by-day blow today, I am going to share three things I learned this past week:
1- Turns out 6 am Group Fitness Classes work best for me.  Who would have thought!?  I hate that time of day!  But when you are up feeding a newborn from 4:30 am -5:30 am then your toddler will wake you up at 7:30 am to start a hectic day, getting the workout in early is key.  And given I am already up, might as well go to the gym...Plus, Group Fitness Classes push me in a way I do not push myself.
2- I am in love with yet another app on my phone.  I already talked about Endomondo.  This week I discovered My Fitness Pal.  This app tracks calories in and calories out, which is really what weight loss and management is all about (you can keep your fad diets, I need a bagel every now and again).  Since it is right on your phone, you just log in whenever you eat or work out to record it.  At the end of the day you get bar graphs and net calories and all other stats.  The trick is that you have to be honest!
3- I need new tennis shoes.  Tuesday I went jogging outside, I totally need to hit Fleet Feet.  I worked out every day this week (nothing this weekend) and I think I deserve it!  Right!?  So, what did you learn?

From Katie:
Hurray for Week 4!  Don’t get me wrong, it has had it’s challenges, but I managed to hit the pavement 4 days this week!  Sunday (oh yes, it was cold), Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, I headed out for a walk/jog, managing at least 30 minutes each day.  Those last three days, I loaded H into the jogging stroller and we spent lots of time outside.   Saturday, I just couldn’t force myself inside with such gorgeous weather, so we went for a jog at Briar Chapel (hello, hills—I now have a better idea what I am in for), and after lunch, we walked all around Fearrington.  I think that should count as weight bearing exercise, since I carried H for the last half.   Overall, it was a great week!  I didn’t do any extremely intense training, but I definitely got back in the exercise groove.   Next week, I need to revisit that rowing machine! 



From Sarah:
This has been the week of "listen to my body" for me. Monday I had already promised D we would put together the new climber I bought for him over the weekend so that took priority immediately after nap. I have to say, I got a bit of a workout there from the scrubbing (it was a used find so it was a little dirty) and assembling process. In spite of the cold, I was a good bit sweaty afterward and just not in the mood for my walk/run. Later that night, I did a WiiFit yoga workout instead - much better choice. On Wednesday, perhaps my body took a cue from the gorgeous sunny & warm weather, I was itching to get out and do my usual routine with Ease into 5k. I won't say I breezed through it, but it felt great! Exactly what I needed. Friday afternoon I again followed the app routine. I completed Week 4, Day 1 and wow did it challenge me. Not that I've found the workouts easy, but this was the toughest for me since week 1, day 1. It was one of my slower runs, but I finished it and that was enough for me to feel successful!

Interested in more up-to-date details on what we're doing or want to share with us how you are doing in the Fitness Challenge? Leave a comment, visit us on Facebook, or join along in the Challenge chatter on Twitter (use hashtag #MiCHillFit2012).

1 Comments:

At January 29, 2012 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

I've been using My fitness pal for almost 8 months now....its the greatest program for me to track my progress, work on caloric intake (my problem is I don't eat enough.... who would have thought) plus entering all my exercise from XBF has really contributed to the success I have now. Use the program...it really helps.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home