Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Fitness Challenge

We've been alluding to this, and the moment is here.  The unveiling of our 2012 MiCHill Fitness Challenge!   Scared?  Naw.  No need to be.  Remember that I, personally, am just over 2 weeks post-partum.  So this isn't going to be a scary Biggest-Loser-esque fitness challenge.  Nope.  Instead, we were just thinking about how working out is always so much more fun with friends.  Let's face it, most of us probably include something about "getting healthier" or "losing weight" or "working out more" in our New Year's Resolutions...and that is all so much more fun if there are friends involved.  Well, you all are our friends, we're your friends, so let's work out together!

Here's the deal: Sarah C., Katie and I are going to walk/run the Earth Day 5k and Kids K at Briar Chapel on April 21, 2012.  And we're going to train - WITH YOU.  We want you to do this with us!  Every Sunday we'll be giving you a short little journal post of how our trainings are going, or not.  We'll be honest, we'll be looking to you all for encouragement, and we want you to comment back and let us know how YOU'RE doing. 

Now none of us have done a 5K before.  And we'll be training with our kids around, like most of you!  Our adventures in training will involve jogging strollers, gyms with nurseries, and early AM workouts to get the DH to watch kids.

Our training methods will vary.  Sarah will be using an online program she'll share with you; I will probably spastically do nothing for 5 days during the week then realize I need to report in to you all on Sunday night and run some on Saturdays; and, well, I am sure we're going to get to know Katie so much better through all of this!

The 5K we've picked is a great community event hosted by The Abundance Foundation each year: there are events and activities for kids and they even have beer at the event (we were very thorough in our research to determine which race to do).  Plus, Briar Chapel is so pretty.

So what do you think?  Think we can get a big MiCHill team together and rock this event?  You have til April and we'll be with you through it all.  We need your support while we train and encourage you to join us in our 2012 journey!

7 Comments:

At January 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Hines-Sight said...

Got your message on my FB page, I'll be exercising right with you all, but probably can't make the event.

I'll let my people know about it, too.

 
At January 2, 2012 at 9:32 PM , Blogger allison c @godansker.com said...

Thanks, Leigh! I know the event is tough to make, but would love any and all support we can get. We're a little nervous about tackling our first ever 5k!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Vanessa Moore said...

I love this! I've never run a 5K either and could use the support. Thanks for this great idea!

 
At January 3, 2012 at 7:27 AM , Anonymous Melissa {adventuroo} said...

I'll totally do this! In fact, I gave up teaching aerobics after 11 years (spend too much $ to make hardly nothing) so I recently started running. Ugh running... but it hasn't been bad so far!

Good luck with your training too!

 
At January 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Becky Boyles said...

I think this is a great idea! I was a serious runner, but had kids and am now recovering from a torn achilles tendon. My major accomplishment- running around the block last weekend.

Here's to new challenges and fresh starts.

 
At January 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just signed up for the krispy kreme challenge (5 miles 1 dozen donuts!) and I'm 18 months post pardum but really haven't lifted a finger (just a 35 and 25 lb kiddie) so my training is rushed to say the least!! I'm hoping to jog/walk and eat 6 donuts! oh and I'll be pushing a double jogging stroller, maybe I should just try to finish!

Christine

 
At January 8, 2012 at 7:36 AM , Blogger allison c @godansker.com said...

Christine, you are my hero! If you need help with the donuts part, I can probably help you there. Been training for that my whole life! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home