Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Babiology Consignment Store

Like all good thrifty parents, we love consignment.  Here is a post from Katie about a consignment store in Raleigh.:

When my son came along, I was a little daunted by boy clothes.  I quickly found adorable boutique clothes, but I’m always looking for a great deal.  Enter the consignment shop.  If you are anything like me, you want to have more than one on your list of tried and true shops.  So, I was thrilled to visit Babiology in the Five Points area of Raleigh a few weeks ago!  

It was started two years ago by two Raleigh Moms who saw the need for a consignment shop, and boy have they delivered!  Babiology isn’t huge, but it is very well stocked, with both infant and children’s clothes and maternity wear (not to mention, some great nursery items).  Their toy selection in particular is great! Again, not huge, but the big items they have (think furry, cozy, rocking horses) are in incredible shape.  Of course, as with all consignment shops, the selection will vary on any given day, but if you are looking for boutique clothes, this is your stop.

Let’s talk service.  They are so friendly, but on top of that the service they provide surpasses that of many boutiques.  I love that when the owner (both of whom work in the shop) found out I drove from Chapel Hill she told me to call if I had specific needs and they would tell me what they had, and that if they didn’t have it they would keep an eye out for it and let me know when it came in.  Fabulous!  I love shops that make my life easier.

Speaking of making my life easier, don’t you love a children’s store with a play area?  Theirs is great.  It is near the back of the store, and while it isn’t huge, it had just enough to keep H fully engaged while I shopped.  And by fully engaged, I mean, I had to tear him away from the bouncy horse, saying “2 more minutes” for the fifth time. 

The prices.  I would have called the prices reasonable when I was first browsing.  Then I bought two items, and they came up, in total, to less than what I thought one item would be.  Oh yes, the consignment store sale/markdown! 

Parking is available on the street.  If you go around lunchtime, be prepared to make a couple of passes to park, because the very popular Hayes Barton Cafe and Dessertery is just a few doors down.  (We haven’t been yet, but they do have a children’s menu, so it might be a great stop post shopping!).  We found parking easily within 5 minutes. 

This is one of those stores that will become my first stop in looking for new clothes for H.  In fact, I think it’s about time for me to start looking at spring items! 

Babiology.
http://www.babiologyonline.com/
2012a Fairview Road
Raleigh, NC 27608
919.834.0014

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Biscuit said...

Thank you so much for your kind words! We love what we do at Babiology and truly appreciate it when we know our customers do too! With that in mind, if you come in to see us this week and mention this blog post we would love to offer you 25% off your entire purchase!! Thank you again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home