Sunday, February 5, 2012

2012 Fitness Challenge - Week 5

#MiCHillFit2012 With just under 11 weeks to race day, here's our wrap-up for week 5 of our 2012 Fitness Challenge. How is your training going?

From Allison:
Have you noticed all the totally awesome posts I have done this week!?  No!?  Well that's because my behind has been AT THE GYM.  Booyah!  That's right, I am back at it.  We're talking RPM on Monday, BodyStep on Wednesday and Friday, a jog outside on Tuesday, and before this Superbowl junkfood fest I am about to embark on today I did the elliptical at the gym.  I love the gym.  Alright, not like this is new news if you know me, but the idea of being able to put your kids in a childcare arrangement that is in the same building, yet then take 1 hour to focus only on you, listen to inappropriate music, talk to other folks who are so wonderful, and maybe get some HGTV in while at it seems so worth whatever gym monhtly rate they ask for.  I have no idea if I am on track to make it 3+miles in a run in a few months, but I do know I am having a great time working out right now.  Oh, and yes, I did get new shoes, thank you for asking...

From Katie:
This is about the time things become routine, and maybe I start to slack off a little. I did keep up with walking/jogging four times this week, but I admit that two days it was because I wanted to, and two days, well, it was because I am accountable to Allison, Sarah, and all of you. Instead of telling you every little detail about my walks/jogs, I thought I’d tell you how I am mixing it up to keep on going! First, I’m exploring different trails and locations. A change of scenery is fun, and I don’t feel like I’m doing the same old thing. Also, I decided that I need some exercise buddies. After all, I can be accountable in cyberspace, but I’m much better at being accountable if someone else is waiting for me! And time goes by that much faster when you get to chat with friends. So, I posted to a couple of listservs I’m a member of, looking for a walking/jogging buddy. Think of it as my exercise personal ad, and I got a great response! I can’t wait to meet up with some of these folks next week. If you’d like to walk/jog with us, and would love some friendly, in-person accountability, oh, I mean, support, send me an email at southernpartheaven@gmail.com, and we will see if we can’t get a group going. In the meantime, happy training!

From Sarah:
Mark this my semi-lazy week. D and I took a road trip to visit my parents in Virginia for the week. We spent a good part of Monday in the car and I did little beyond settle us in and visit once we arrived. On Tuesday, my mom entertained D at the playground of a local park while I completed Week 4, Day 2 of the Ease into 5k routine. The weather was gorgeous plus trying a new trail and running alone (ie, no heavy jogger to push) made for a great workout! I had planned to follow the routine again on Thursday but our plans kept us busier longer than I had expected. I did spend two hours on my feet walking and shopping Ikea at Tyson's Corner. Surely that counts as something, right? Friday was another long car day and, well, yesterday I was busy playing catchup around the house. This week, back at home, my goal is to get back on schedule including getting those workouts in!

Interested in more up-to-date details on what we're doing or want to share with us how you are doing in the Fitness Challenge? Leave a comment, visit us on Facebook, or join along in the Challenge chatter on Twitter (use hashtag #MiCHillFit2012).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home