Sunday, February 12, 2012

2012 Fitness Challenge - Week 6

#MiCHillFit2012 Here's our wrap-up for week 6 of our 2012 Fitness Challenge. How is your training going?

From Allison:
With a toddler undergoing surgery to have ear tubes inserted and a newborn diagnosed with a bad case of acid reflux, it was a wild week where I had a hard time finding time for "me."  But, again, I went back to my tried & true gym course of action.  Monday and Saturday I was at the gym for classes and Tuesday I hit the elliptical.  I am feeling stronger in my work outs, but I am also feeling oh-so-very tired these days.  You know what I have learned this week?  Working out energizes me.  Majorly.  I know that there have been loads of articles and research on this phenomenon, but it takes me experience to learn a lesson.  So while this past week wasn't about progressing in my fitness journey, it did help me stay sane through an otherwise very emotional, rough week.  If sanity isn't worth working out for, not sure what is...

From Katie:
Really? Has it been six weeks? In the past six weeks, I’m happy to say that exercise has once again become a habit. I can’t exactly say that I’ve trained hard, but I’ve gotten my body moving, and regularly. Last week, I asked friends, acquaintances, and readers to join me, because working out with a buddy is always better. I am so happy I did, especially since winter (okay, what constitutes winter for this Southern girl), decided to pay us a visit! I have to tell you that on several very cold mornings, the only reason I followed through was that I knew I would leave some poor soul out there waiting, teeth chattering, wishing they hadn’t met me, if I didn’t show up. Once we got going, I was so happy we did. I have been amazed at how quickly time passes, and how painless working out seems, when you have someone to chat with. I have learned about great places to walk and the best places for a vacation with children. I’ve bonded over activities for toddlers, great ways to organize and ways to manage a busy household. I’ve gotten back in my car refreshed, renewed, and looking forward to another walk/jog and along the way, I’m building friendships that I wouldn’t trade for anything.

Now, it’s time for me to focus on the task at hand - the 5k. It’s coming up, and suddenly, April 21 seems to be just around the corner. My goal is to keep moving, and keep training, and keep building great new relationships with other Moms.

From Sarah:
Admittedly, I let the weather affect my routine this week. I know a MWF schedule works best for me, but on Monday I just didn't feel up to heading out into the cold! I did get out both Tuesday and Thursday and used the Ease into 5k app. On the latter, I completed Week 5, Day 1 of the training. I made it through, but wow was that a challenge! I told myself I'd get in a 3rd day of training yesterday. It didn't happen. The cold was a factor, but also I let myself get caught up in other things that a Saturday presents. This week I really need to push all those excuses aside and get out & moving! After the cold that has hit us in the last 24 hours, the week's forecast looks really good with highs of 50+.

Interested in more up-to-date details on what we're doing or want to share with us how you are doing in the Fitness Challenge? Leave a comment, visit us on Facebook, or join along in the Challenge chatter on Twitter (use hashtag #MiCHillFit2012).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home