Sunday, February 26, 2012

2012 Fitness Challenge - Week 8

#MiCHillFit2012 Here's our wrap-up for week 8 of our 2012 Fitness Challenge. Are you keeping up with the challenge?

From Allison:
I hit a wall this week.  Between a lot of appointments for my boys, combined with a nap schedule for two to contend with, mixed in with general frustration over lack of progress, I just had a hard time this week.  So I tried to mix it up and got outside to hit pavement as much as possible.  That included biking outside (down where my parents live, in beautiful Virginia countryside) and running outside while pushing baby B along.  Lesson that I learned this week?  I no longer believe in the old adage "for every uphill there is a downhill."  Because I swear when I was outside I had waaaaaay more uphills than down.  The good news is that although mentally and emotionally I hit that proverbial wall, I could tell my body was stronger and better suited to run and bike and generally endure than it had been 7 weeks ago.  Progress has been made, although I am starting to realize that I don't believe a 5k will ever feel "easy."  Hence, I am really looking forward to the sense of accomplishment we will all have as parents who managed to do something as awesome as a 5k for a good cause.  I do hope you're out there working hard and planning to join us (run or walk!).

From Katie:
What a gorgeous week—okay, post snow, what a gorgeous week (even though we enjoyed seeing a little of the white stuff over here!). Over the week, I’ve stayed in the groove of walking/jogging four times a week, sometimes with friends, sometimes with H in the jogger, sometimes on my own. I have to admit, it seems easier, and faster, when I go with friends—they definitely keep me motivated.& just being with them pushes me beyond my normal limits, or at least the point at which I would generally call it quits.

Here’s where I am going to ask all of you for advice. I’ve gotten in the habit of exercising again, but I admit, it isn’t always easy. My biggest challenges are a sick little one (oh, the ear infections) and schedule, schedule, schedule (work, taking care of the family, various board commitments). How do you make exercise a priority? How do you keep it fresh so that you aren’t bored with it? I can’t wait to read your responses!

From Sarah:
This was a bit of a "group" fitness week for me. Monday was my only solo day. DH got off work early so I left D with him while I did the Ease into 5k routine. On Wednesday, we took a family outing to explore a new park and walked 1.6 miles on part of the Cary Greenway System. I got back into my usual routine on Thursday with D in the jogger while I used the app. And on Friday, D & I joined friends for a visit to the NC Zoo. I walked the entire time covering 5 miles - part of it pushing him in the stroller (he really enjoyed the ride when we went uphill! There's a workout for mama!). I was hoping to get a 3rd running day in, but, I confess, just didn't feel up to it in the cold & wind yesterday even while reminding myself only 8 weeks to race day - it's coming up fast now.

Interested in more up-to-date details on what we're doing or want to share with us how you are doing in the Fitness Challenge? Leave a comment, visit us on Facebook, or join along in the Challenge chatter on Twitter (use hashtag #MiCHillFit2012).

2 Comments:

At February 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM , Blogger JMS said...

Ladies you keep me inspired to get myself exercising! No real advice on how to fit it in. I tend to exercise at night after baby goes to bed. I also started doing Sync Studio spin classes (the first is free if you want to try it out!). It's hard so after my free class I had to keep going to conquer it- I've only done 3 but I'm enjoying it. And their classes are so popular you have to sign up a few weeks in advance which makes it so I'm ready to go and scheduled in advance.

 
At February 27, 2012 at 4:20 PM , Blogger allison c @godansker.com said...

Thanks so much for the note- and you all are keeping us going since we're committed to you all! I haven't heard of Sync Studio before but just went on their website. Looks great and looks like they offer some great classes. I am certainly a fan of Group Ex. Best of luck and keep with it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home