Sunday, March 11, 2012

2012 Fitness Challenge - Week 10

#MiCHillFit2012 Here's our wrap-up for week 10 of our 2012 Fitness Challenge. Just under 6 weeks until race day. Are you keeping up?

From Allison:
WHAT DID I DO!?  Why, oh why did you all let me sign up for this?!  This is madness.  I have been working out but limited to taking and teaching classes at the gym.  I have not run ONCE.  Will these other things I am doing help?  Do they count as preparation!?  Please give me good news and please tell me that you are feeling more confident than I!  I have been teaching Sh'Bam and BodyPump and taking BodyStep. (Yeah, that's really me in that photo.)  I also did a DVD at home on Friday.  And while I love these programs and feel like I am getting stronger and more fit post-baby (even if the baby pounds aren't melting off) I am still FREAKING OUT about a 5K!  Eek!  Please share your successes with me so I can feel like our team is making progress.  Thank goodness that Sarah is doing so consistently well.  I may ask her to carry me across the finish line (and considering she'll be without a jogging stroller on race day, she may have the strength to help me).

From Katie:
Do we really only have six weeks to go? I guess less than 6 right now! When Sarah tweeted that yesterday, I nearly fell out of my seat. Six weeks to go - no pressure there. No, seriously, we can do this! It’s just time for me to step things up!

In the meantime, I’ve had a pretty boring workout week, and thus a boring update. Three times walking/jogging, and I can make it three miles (5k is only 3.1mi, right?). I’m thankful we’re in daylight savings time now, because I keep telling myself that I’ll get in a walk after dinner, while DH gives H a bath. So, enough of my workout week, I cannot wait to hear about what Sarah and Allison have to tell you……

From Sarah:
Minus the chilly wind on Monday (where I totally wimped out and stayed indoors!), it was a gorgeous week to get outside and run. I managed to get in three runs - Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday. I'm making progress and tackling longer timed runs with a pretty consistent pace. Still have some work to do to get a full 3.1 mile run completed (the app distances include warm up & cool down walking), but looking back over the last 10 weeks I am proud of how far I've come. I have time, just have to keep up my training.

Interested in more up-to-date details on what we're doing or want to share with us how you are doing in the Fitness Challenge? Leave a comment, visit us on Facebook, or join along in the Challenge chatter on Twitter (use hashtag #MiCHillFit2012).

2 Comments:

At March 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM , Anonymous Hayley said...

A friend of mine shared the link to this blog with me and I'm so glad she did! I have an 18 month old an am always looking for activities and things to do in the Durham/Chapel Hill area. Thank you so much for putting this out there! Out of curiosity where do you teach your fitness classes?

 
At March 13, 2012 at 3:19 PM , Blogger allison c @godansker.com said...

Hey Hayley! So glad you find this useful and helpful. And, of course, if you ever have suggestions please just shoot us a note. I teach at O2 Fitness at the Cole Park Plaza location - I love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home