Wednesday, April 11, 2012

KidVenturez

The pregnant mama heads out to Wake Forest to tell you about a lesser-known but just a fun indoor play area for kids.:
 
We’ve already told you about Jumpin’ Beans at The Factory in Wake Forest, but there is another great playspace just across the hall called KidVenturez!  My husband first took H there solo and told me how much he loved it.  So a couple of weeks ago, H and I gave it a try!  DH was right: it is small, but fabulous!

So, here is the deal on this place...  KidVenturez is a storefront in The Factory and is smaller.  But it is packed with fun things for the toddler set.  From the small barn with a ladder leading up to an indoor slide, to an art station, to a play kitchen, to the huge feltboard, H had so much fun!  And the great thing about it being small is that I could see H from anywhere in the place.  Makes you wonder if I was practicing my cooking in the play kitchen, doesn’t it?  Actually, they have a few chairs with a rack of grown-up magazines for parents.  It isn’t elaborate, and it isn’t cushy, but oh my goodness, I read an entire magazine in one sitting for the first time since H was born, and he was happy the entire time.  Score for this Mommy!

Now let's talk logistics.  The cost is $6.00 per child, but the lady at the desk told me that children under 12 months are free.  They also list their hours as Monday-Friday 10:00 am-6:00 pm, but DH and I have both been on Saturdays.  I would just call to make sure they are open if you are headed there on the weekend.  Also, this is in Wake Forest, so for the Chapel Hill folks it is a bit of a hike, but a hike that is well worth it!

KidVenturez
http://kidventurez.com/
1839 South Main Street
Suite 320
Wake Forest
919-488-4831

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM , Anonymous Missy said...

So glad to here ya'll had fun! We love KidVenturez too, and members of the Triangle NC Kids Club get Buy One Get One Free admission everytime they go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home