Thursday, May 10, 2012

Arts & Crafts Thursdays: Mother's Day Gift Idea

I am so in love with this gift.  C and I made these as a Mother's Day gift for one fabulous grandma.  My inspiration was this link here, but I love how adaptable these are.  There are so many things you could do and it is so easy!


Supplies:
  • Embroidery hoop (I used a 6 inch)
  • Fabric remnant
  • Paper scraps
  • Pen
  • Scissors
  • Hot glue gun (parents only!)
  • One cute little hand
Take your embroidery hoop and stretch the fabric in the hoop.  Cut off excess fabric around edges.

Trace child's hand on to a piece of paper.  Using scissors have them (or an adult can do this) cut the outline of the hand.


Glue the hand cut out on to the fabric inside of the embroidery hoop.  Then get creative.  Have your child color the hand, paint the embroidery hoop, cut a little heart to glue on to the palm as I did, add a little triangle garland, write a little note on the outside.
Enjoy and I hope that all you moms out there get great, heartfelt gifts and spoiled this Mother's Day: you earned it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home