Thursday, August 9, 2012

Arts & Crafts Thursday: Olympic Rings

My son has been very in to the Olympics.  This has been a bit of a surprise to me but I have to say I have loved it.  It turns out that Olympic viewing can be a wonderful 3 meter springboard event for learning.  My son and I discuss all things patriotic as well as learn about other sports, sportsmanship, and various countries.  That's why I was thrilled to come across an idea to paint the Olympic rings.  As you know, paint "manipulation" is always a favorite around here and given the topic this was a winner.

Supplies:
  • bowls
  • paint: red, yellow, green, blue, black
  • paper cups
  • paint
We also had a picture of the Olympic rings on the computer in front of us while we did this (see a Wikipedia link about Olympic symbols and meaning here).  It helped C to see the logo even though he didn't necessarily recreate it.

Start by putting one of each paint color in to a bowl.


Take 1 cup and place it upside down in each bowl.

Roll the top of the cup around in the paint to cover, then stamp.


Keep stamping all of the different colors until you have as many beautiful Olympic rings as you want!

Simple, simple, simple!  Yet wonderful entertainment to keep your kids in an Olympic state of mind.  I'll admit, I even did one, too.

Next Thursday, no more Olympics.  I'll have one very sad child but luckily I am feeling "Citius, Altius, Fortius."  So I'll make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home