Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Close Out

2012 was a huge year for me.  Huge.  I welcomed our new baby, The Bug, and got him integrated in to our family (still to be determined as to whether or not I can say "successfully").  Having number 2 increased the joy in our lives by 5x the amount but it also meant a lot of changes for me on a personal level.  My relationships with my friends changed as my time became really hard to manage; DH and I have had less time than ever to talk; I had to stop teaching so many fitness classes; and I swear I have developed serious crows' feet around my eyes that were NOT there this time last year. 

But it has also been a phenomenal year.  This blog has kept me busy and incredibly happy.  Being able to share my adventures with a group of parents that are so supportive and genuinely nice has delivered me from total insanity.  I can't even begin to describe how your support, your follows, sharing the site with your friends, and the words of encouragement you all have provided have formed a sense of purpose for me over the past 3 years.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. 

If you are new around here you can read the 2010 Close Out here and the 2011 Close Out here.  But right now I am going to talk about what we've been up to around here in 2012.  We've been so busy!

Let's not forget that we ran a 5k.  Say what!?  I know, I still can't believe it!  By being accountable to you and sharing our trials and tribluations throughout training, Sarah C. and I ran an actual for-real 5k.  Not sure we'll be doing it again but never say never.

Here's how we look by the numbers:
Facebook Fans: 747
Twitter Followers: 605
Pinterest Followers (new for us in 2012): 131
Instagram Followers (also new for us in September 2012): 37

Let's not forget that we started a newsletter in November!  I am so excited about this possibility and am thrilled beyond belief that over 200 of you have already signed up to get the news as MiCHill sees fit.

We started a new series that you all have been enjoying, according to the numbers, called Arts & Crafts Thursday ("A.C.T.").  We have been loving it, too!  It is good for us to be inspired to create with our children, even if some of those experiments fail.  We just don't tell you about those.

We welcomed Teresa to our team and she has been delivering really great articles all about Mommy Time (you can get your groove back).

We had 189 new posts for you this year.  Not too shabby given Sarah C. went back to work, I had an infant, and Katie delivered a new baby girl.

Top 5 Posts for 2012 (not including any A.C.T. tutorials):
Erin Condren Planner
Orange Co. Gymnastics (which, alas, has moved from UMall but is still around)
My SweetArts
DefyGravity
Ebenezer Church Playground & Beach

I was personally touched that a close 6th place was the article I wrote about Service Opportunities for your kids.  I knew I liked you all.

Then, of course, all of this good stuff and your support led me to new writing pastures as I joined Kristen Bagwell at Triangle Moms on Main in November as a Managing Partner.  Over there she lets me talk about whatever I want to talk about (could get dangerous).  Make sure you visit me there, keep tabs on me here, and keep all the great suggestions coming.

Hope that 2013 is healthy and prosperous for you and your family.  I am looking forward to our adventures together in the new year.

4 Comments:

At December 31, 2012 at 9:26 AM , Blogger laura said...

here's to 2013!!

 
At December 31, 2012 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

I cannot wait!! So happy to have you on the team! ~KRB

 
At January 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Leigh Powell Hines said...

Happy, Happy New Year!

Let's make it a goal to see each in person in 2013.

 
At January 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM , Blogger allison c @godansker.com said...

Yes, Leigh, let's!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home