Thursday, December 13, 2012

Arts & Crafts Thursday: Handprint Reindeer

I am a sucker for handprint art as you know.  I saw an image out there on the Pinternet that, albeit it had no tutorial, I knew we could replicate.  So here it is: a handprint reindeer to melt your heart.

Supplies:

  • brown construction paper
  • pencil
  • scissor
  • glue
  • googly eye
  • pipe cleaners
  • red pompom or sequin
Other things you might want to have:
  • hot glue
  • ribbon
  • sequins
  • marker
How-to:

Start by tracing your child's hand on to the paper.  Cut out.  Turn upside down and start creating your reindeer.

We added one googly eye using a glue stick and one red sequin for the nose. (Cheater's tip: I cut the thumb on my hand a little as it was looking a lot more like a anteater.  So I cheated a little on mine.)
We cut pipe cleaners down and attached some to the top of the reindeer's head for antlers.  We then drew hooves on the reindeer's feet using a black marker.

From there the sky is the limit.  I used ribbon and sequins to accessorize mine.  C managed to find a little bell and a bow that he decided to use.  Let your imagine go.


I ended up going back when C was done and refastening items like the bell and bow with hot glue.  Obviously, don't let the kids get their hands on that and keep that glue gun far from little fingers.

I think this is so cute and C loves that we each have one.  So enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home